Sunday, January 25, 2009

Sports Related Nonsense

Sorry I haven't been keeping up on the sports front lately. I haven't been able to work up much enthusiasm. Colts lost a heart breaker to those fucking Chargers again. Tony Dungy retired. Ugh... this season was just kind of boring to me. As much as I hate Tom Brady, I think I also need him playing to make things more exciting. The beauty of the NFL this decade has been Manning vs. Brady and this season was a letdown because they didn't get to go at it. But I'm really worried for our future. I don't know shit about our new coach. Most of our best players are really getting on in years now (just retire, Marvin), etc. I think we've got another good two or three years, but after that, who knows?

On to the NBA. My favorite sport. Too bad the Pacers are as bad as ever. But we do have one huge, gigantic bright spot and that is Danny Granger. This guy is fucking amazing. He's the second best small forward in the game right now, after LeBron James. I just hope the Pacers can build a solid team to surround this guy with in the next few years. And I know this will sound nuts, but I think they need to start tanking games. Maybe they already have. But I'd like them to get in a good position for next years draft. Get a good, healthy point guard like Ricky Rubio. T.J. Ford has been excellent when healthy, but he's hardly ever healthy, so... and how about that Jarret Jack? I knew he'd be a good addition, but I'm still pissed we had to lose Jarryd Bayless. And Bayless rarely gets played on his team anyways. So I'd love to get Rubio next year. Or Blake Griffin or Greg Monroe. That guy would probably be my top choice, now that I think of it.

Ah well. Screw it. I'm still guessing a re-match between the Celtics and the Lakers for the Finals this year, LeBron will win MVP in a cake walk. I'm already done with this season. I'm looking ahead to next year and the year after. Maybe the Pacers will be a contender again.

-M

3 comments:

Nick said...

You're complaining about the Pacers? Try watching a Knick game!

And I hate Ricky Rubio, he looked like such a whiny little bitch in the Gold Metal game.

Maynard and or Lando and or Bada said...

I agree, Rubio can be whiny, but he's like 17, right? He'll mature. And his skills are good enough for me to get over the fact that he's so young.

And yeah, the Knicks are at least equally as bad as the Pacers.

Nick said...

Yep. Hopefully we snag another lottery pick and use it for a Big Man.

And then wait for the King.