Saturday, August 16, 2008

Top Ten: Vocalists

Maynard here to share with you the musical goodness. Here's my list of top ten vocalists. Keep in mind this is all just my opinion.

10. Marvin Gaye. Best Vocals: Sexual High (Radiohead mashup... cause it's awesome)

9. Nick Drake. Best Vocals: Fly


8. Bob Dylan. Best Vocals: Subterranean Homesick Blues


7. Jeff Mangum (Neutral Milk Hotel) Best Vocals: Two-Headed Boy Part 2 (I know Mangum's voice isn't very strong, but it's very affecting. And this is a great song, although this video makes it hilarious)


6. Klaus Nomi. Best Vocals: The Nomi Song


5. Tunde Adebimpe (TV on the Radio) Best Vocals: Blind


4. Jim James (My Morning Jacket) Best Vocals: Mahgeetah


3. Jeff Buckley. Best Vocals: Lover, You Should've Come Over


2. David Bowie. Best Vocals: Heroes


1. Thom Yorke (Radiohead) Best Vocals: Life in a Glass House
(really any of Radiohead's songs could have been used here... but this is my favorite Radiohead song and the video has lots of Star Wars stuff... I like Star Wars)

Honorable mention to Maynard James Keened of Tool- Maynard James Keenen (Tool) Best Vocals: Stinkfist


-Maynard

No comments: