Monday, October 8, 2007

Men are better than women

This warms my heart. Today, Warner Bros. president of production decreed that Warner Bros. is "no longer doing movies with women in the lead."

Thank God.

Look, I like looking at chicks while I'm hiding behind stuff as much as the next guy, but I'm not gonna shell out 8 bucks to watch Hilary Swank look like a man and then die or Whoopi Goldberg become the head coach of the Jew York Knicks. What do I look like to you? Some kind of idiot? You're the idiot, mate, watching those movies.

Surprisingly, some lesbian is upset. Gloria Allred. She said- "“When movies with men as the lead fail, no one says we’ll stop making movies with men in the lead. This is an insult to all moviegoers and particularly women. It is truly unfortunate that women get blamed for decisions [that] are made by men. Instead of taking responsibility for their own lack of judgment about which scripts to make, directors to hire and budgets to OK, some men in the movie industry find it easier to place blame for their lack of success on women leads. [They will] exclude talented female actors from top employment opportunities in Hollywood in favor of macho males. If that studio confirms that their policy is to now exclude women as leads, then my policy would be to boycott films made by Warner Bros.”

To which I reply- Go fuck yourself. I'd like to see you write a movie. I did it once with Lando. It was an awesome script and it almost got picked up, but we put a woman in the lead and that's why no one wanted it. So fuck you.

Anywho.... 100 bucks the average movie goer doesn't even notice Warner Bros. has stopped making movies with women in the lead. No one cares about any of this. No one cares about anything.

-M