Monday, October 1, 2007

Radiohead to release new album, fuck over fans.

Alright, remember how I said Radiohead probably won't release that new album of theirs until Spring? I was wrong. Turns out they're going to release it via digital download on their website on Oct. 10. Or you can pre-order that shit and get it sometime in December, but it's like 80 dollars. But you get the new album, some vinyl stuff and a bonus disk. ORRRRRR, you can wait until next year, when they will release it in stores. Or something. All I know is that they've named it "In Rainbows" and that is by far the worst title they've ever given an album. Worse than "Pablo Honey"

Plus, I've heard different versions of most of the songs they've put on this sucker. I'll buy it just for "All I Need" alone. But they've also got "Nude", which has been around for, like, 10 years already, but it's never been recorded before. Or if it has I haven't heard anything about it. "15 Step" is a good one too and it also made the final cut. I'm kind of confused though, because it's two disks, but I think the first disk is the actual album, and the second disk is just bonus songs that we're recorded at the same time as the album, but they're like, leftovers or something. Why couldn't they just sign a one album record deal with Epic or Capital or whoever and save me from this headache? Bastards of the Earth!!

Either way, since they've decided to make it so hard for me, I'm going to make it hard on them and just download the bastard for free. Even though I could do that on their site. If you do the digital download thing, they let you pick the price. I'm picking 0 dollarydoo's.

Either way, it's Radiohead, and if you're not down with that, you best get to steppin'.

-M

No comments: