Monday, November 5, 2007

Colts pretty much won.

Ok, the Colts didn't win. But I honestly believe that if the Colts and Pats meet again in the playoffs (and it looks like they very well might) the Colts should be the favorites to win. Even after the loss yesterday, I still have not taken them off the top of my list as the favorite to win the SuperBowl.

The Colts won 3 and a half quarters out of 4 yesterday. They doubled Tom Brady's interceptions in one game. They sacked him twice. They caused the Pats to lose 147 yards on mistakes and errors. Peyton Manning and the offense was hurt and under-manned. No Marvin Harrison? No Tony Ugoh? Anthony Gonzalez had to be taken out because of an injured finger, so Manning didn't even have his top back ups to help him through. I'm not making excuses. The Pats won and they deserved to win, but they didn't beat the Colts. What if Randy Moss or Wes Welker hadn't been able to play and the Colts beat them by only 4? I for one would be worried that the Colts didn't have what it takes to beat them when they were healthy. Most Pats fans cannot wrap their minds around logic like this.

I'll just say the Colts gave this supposedly unbeatable team all they could handle until midway through the 4th quarter and they didn't even have some of their biggest weapons. I think when and if they meet again, Colts are gonna take it.

No comments: