Thursday, June 5, 2008

NBA Finals predictions

Alright, I suck at these. First I predicted the Spurs, then the Celtics, then the Spurs again. Fuck this shit. The NBA wanted these Finals and they did whatever they had to to make sure they happened. Fuckers.

Lakers in 7. Why? I dunno. Stern wants a new Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant is as close as he'll get so maybe... just maybe... he'll make sure they win.

In other NBA news- the Miami Heat should totally trade Dwayne Wade to the Bulls for the number one pick in the draft and then take Derrik Rose and Michael Beasley and just rock that shit out all season.

The Indiana Pacers, if given the chance, should absolutely take Russell Westbrook over D.J. Augustin. In fact, they should trade Jermaine O'Neal to the Cavs for Zydrunas Ilgauskas and Anderson Varejao plus the 19th overall pick and grab Bill Walker with that shit. I read a rumor that that might happen (although they made no mention of who they'd try to pick if they could make the deal)

Here's my predictions for the first 14 picks in the NBA draft. Watch this shit.

1. Derrik Rose- Bulls
2. Michael Beasley- Heat
3. Danilo Gallinari- Timberwolves
4. Jerryd Bayless- Supersonics
5. Brook Lopez- Grizzlies
6. O.J. Mayo- Knicks (I don't know if he'll fall this far or not)
7. Eric Gordon- Clippers
8. Anthony Randolph- Bucks
9. Kevin Love- Bobcats
10. Russell Westbrook- Nets
11. D.J. Augustin- Pacers (but like I said, if they have the choice they should absolutely go with Westbrook)
12. Donte Green- Kings
13. Joe Alexander- Trailblazers
14. DeAndre Jordan- Warriors

No idea how it'll play out. We'll see.

-M

5 comments:

Nick said...

Celts in 5.

And you're really giving my team Mayo? Every NY Paper has them taking the Italian (with D'Antoni, it fits)

Nick said...

Oh, and there's no way Augustin is falling to 11.

Maynard and or Lando and or Bada said...

Well, I'm out on a limb picking Gallinari at number 3. It'll probably come back and bite me on the ass. Probably taking a bigger risk dropping Mayo to 6th. Some people think he might go number 2!! But you know what they say, no guts, no glory.

Nick said...

I don't buy in to the Mayo hype anyway. If he was that good, why didn't he go to a big time basketball school?

Maynard and or Lando and or Bada said...

I'm unconvinced on Mayo myself. I'd personally take Eric Gordon before him. I also feel Bayless is a better point guard than Rose.