Thursday, June 26, 2008

Larry Bird, you bastard

What is wrong with you? Fucking asshole. You really are. Where do you get off??

So the other day, Indiana Pacers GM Larry Bird made one of the best trade ever. He got rid of that absolute faggot Jermaine O'Neal and got a pretty good point guard, T.J. Ford, plus some other guy who won't really help us at all, along with the 17th overall pick in the NBA Draft. Bird was my man when this happened. It was about as perfect as it gets. We got a point guard, which was our biggest need and we got another fairly high draft pick (we already had the 11th). Plus we dropped 44 million dollars worth of nothing.

And then the draft happened. Things were going well. Better than I could have ever hoped for. When the 11th pick came around, Jerryd Bayless was still on board. What a coup!! I actually thought he was the second best PG in this years draft. I never could have hoped we'd land him. Now it was time for Bird to either shine or make an idiot of himself. To my delight, the Pacers picked Bayless. I literally jumped up and yelled "YES!!" Bayless didn't seem too happy with where he was going, but fuck him. He'd be a great asset to our team. Of course, some people thought this was odd. Why pick Bayless when we already have a perfectly good PG? Because, moron, Ford gets injured alot. I had it all planned out. Bayless would spend this year learning from a very solid PG while still helping out in a major way by coming off the bench. And when Ford inevitably gets injured, we'd have a great young rookie filling in for him. Two good point guards are better than one. Cause we all know the Pacers point guard situation last year was tragic. But here it was. We had Ford and Bayless. We went from having one of the worst point guard situations in the league to having two of the best in the league. I was over the moon.

Then word came in- Bird had traded Bayless. Wh-what? What? WHAT?! WHY?!To who? Turns out it was to Portland. For their 13th overall pick, Brandon Rush.

Okay... why would anyone do that? Jerryd Bayless is better than Brandon Rush. But wait, we also got Jerrett Jack. A just okay point guard.

We don't need either of them. We had an exceptional point guard that we had just drafted. We don't need Brandon Rush. We already have Danny Granger and Mike Dunlevy Jr. Plus some pretty good reserves already, including Rush's older brother, Kareem Rush.

So I was pissed. I wanted Bayless. Having Bayless was better than either or both of those guys. No offense to Rush, I'm sure he'll be a solid player, but this league has become a league of point guards. You can't expect to win a championship without some great point guards. Ford and Bayless working together would have made us the envy of all the NBA. Instead we downgrade one point guard and get another guard/forward who we didn't need. What a moron Bird is.

As for the 17th pick, this was a real head scratcher. Roy Hibbert? What about Kosta Koufos? Or Darrell Arthur? We needed a big man (a center, now that I think of it), but Hibbert? He won't fit in with O'Brien's offense. Kosta Koufus was, what I thought, the obvious choice here. But whatever. I hope Bird knows something about these three players that I don't. But I doubt it.

As for the rest of the draft-

New York fans, shut the fuck up. You got a GREAT player. I'd love to have Danilo. He's too good for you ungrateful bastards.

Darrell Arthur went way too low. What a fucking steal.

Michael Beasley went exactly where he should have. Pat Riley has lost it if he even considers trading this pick. He'll never live it down. This guy, barring injury, is going to be the rookie of the year.

Alright, I'm pretty pissed and sleepy, so I'll get off now. I just had to vent. I really was, for the first time in about 5 years, really excited for the Pacers upcoming season. Now... well, I feel how I always feel now. "Here comes another season of trying to steal the 8th seed in the East..."

-Maynard

4 comments:

Nick said...

"New York fans, shut the fuck up."

That's not very nice!
=(

Maynard and or Lando and or Bada said...

Aww, you know I only put that bit in there to make you laugh ;)

Anonymous said...

Being a big Blazers fan, scoring Bayless was orgasmic. I agree, a much better player than Rush and Jack was alright but was kind of worthless. Portland once again was kicking ass and taking names at the draft and I'm ready for this team and Greg Oden to spank the Pacers this coming season. Can I get a "BWAH-HA-HA-HA-HA"?

Nick said...

Danilo excites me on some real shit. Too bad the rest of the team doesnt.