Saturday, May 17, 2008

Guess I was wrong.

Remember when I (and all of you, too) thought the Boston Celtics would cruise past all comers in the Eastern Conference? Hehe, yeah, that seems so long ago. They've been forced into another game 7 by the Cavs. This coming after they were forced into a game 7 by THE HAWKS!! Those guys didn't even finished above .500, did they? What's going on here? Why are they sputtering so badly?

Well, anywho, it's time for my updated NBA Playoff predictions.

OUT EAST-

Celtics vs. Cavs- Game 7. I'll say Celtics cause I don't want to be too much of a flip flopper. But the Cavs could easily take this game. If the Celtics beat the Cavs I'll say the Pistons will win the East in a 6 game series. If the Cavs beat the Celtics, Pistons beat Cavs in 5 games. Just a guess.

OUT WEST-

Hornets vs. Spurs- Game 7. This is tough. I want so badly for the Hornets to win. CP3 vs. Kobe. Let's find out who really deserved that MVP award. But I'll go out of a small limb and say the Spurs will win this one.

If it's Lakers vs. Spurs, I really think the Spurs will take it in 7 games. If it's the Lakers vs Hornets, Lakers in 6 (even though I love the Hornets)

I'm now predicting a Pistons vs. Spurs Finals with the Spurs winning in 7 games. But the Lakers really have a shot here. They've been playing great. I just hate them so damn much.

If it's a Lakers vs. Pistons Finals I might not even care. I hate them both. I like the Celtics but I hate Boston so I hope they don't win either.

If either the Hornets or Spurs win, I'll be happy.

-M

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a disappointment it would be if it came down to Spurs/Lakers and Cavs/Pistons. I really want to see a new team make it in there. I used to hate the Lakers with a flaming passion (Go Jail-Blazers!) but my disdain for them have transfered towards the Spurs. I would like to dig the Pistons and Cavs teams more but knowing that they don't have a shot against the West, why should I care?

I think it will be Celtics/Hornets that win the 7's. It sounds too good to be true but I'm going to go by this home court advantage that "seems" to be the big factor this season. If both miss out, I think I'll probably tune out the rest of the playoffs.

CONFERENCE FINALS:
Lakers over Hornets (in 7)
Pistons over Celtics (in 6)

FINALS:
Lakers over Pistons (in 5)

Maynard and or Lando and or Bada said...

Well, I didn't want it to happen, but my predicted team moves on to the Lakers. I still think the Spurs will take it but it will be a tough fight. Especially since they get no rest and the Lakers will be like new. Although, looking at the history, that has not always been a good thing. Maybe they'll be rusty.

I'll still say Pistons vs. Spurs- Spurs in 7.