Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Dragon Ball Z movie delayed

Photobucket

Yeah... Dragon Ball Z rules. Forever. What of it? So as you might expect, I'm super pissed the movie has been delayed until April 2009. Just kidding. I'm quite pleased.

Look, this movie shouldn't be made. It's gonna suck. And sucky movies should not be made. There are certain pieces of storytelling that should not and cannot be made into films that will do the originals justice. Kafka's The Metamorphosis, Alan Moore's Watchmen (which is also being made into a film due out next year), and Dragon Ball Z. In each of their own formats, they're as good as can get. Try to put them on film and you'll fuck up everything that made them great. Anyone who has seen Street Fighter knows that.

So what am I getting at with this post? No idea. It's happening one way or the other. I guess... uh... just go out and buy season 4, now on DVD. And don't see this when it comes out. It'll suck.

I warned you.

-M