Thursday, March 6, 2008

Perhaps I spoke too soon?

Remember yesterday when I said certain things should never be made into movies? Of course you do. One of the things I mentioned that should never be made into a film was Watchmen, Alan Moore's graphic novel. It's too big and unwieldy to be made into a decent movie. I honestly think, if someone simply HAS to film this, it should be made into a mini-series. Give it a good 8 hours for it's story to unfold. It would be worth it.

But, of course, it's being made into a feature length movie. Fine. I still don't like the idea. It just can't work.

That's what I thought yesterday. Today, stills featuring all the major characters (except Dr. Manhattan, who is a bit harder to put on screen) have finally hit the web, and I gotta say, they're not half bad.

COMEDIAN looks pretty awesome. Just how he should.
Photobucket

NITEOWL looks about right too. Maybe not schlubby enough, but I think he looks alright. He's a boring character anyways, so I won't be too upset if he sucks.
Photobucket

OZYMANDIAS looks alright, except for one thing- he's too young. This dude is supposed to be in his 40's. But I guess I can't be too picky. He looks good.
Photobucket

RORSCHACH is one I'm not digging. His mask looks like it's made of cotton. They better not fuck him up, he's the most badass of all graphic novel characters. But then again, I guess it is kind of hard to get him just right.
Photobucket

SILK SPECTRE looks pretty good. She was the most boring character anyways, so who cares?
Photobucket

So there you have it. Did I speak too soon? Probably not. It'll still more than likely suck, but these pics give me a little more hope. I wonder what Dr. Manhattan will look like? Can't wait to see pics of him.

That's all for now, suckers.

-Maynard

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have mixed feelings about whole idea of a Watchmen movie, but they do look pretty good, they did not change the looks on them very much and yeah they got Comedian Just right. Niteowl looks a bit like Batman.

Anonymous said...

Ha ha, yeah, he does look like Batman!!