Friday, January 18, 2008

And Pats fans wonder why everyone hates them

Ok, so Indianapolis gets knocked around for booing a 14 year old girl wearing a Patriots jersey. Well, wait till you get a load of this from a witness of the Pats vs. Jags game.

“I was wearing my Teddy Bruschi jersey and my friend Jeff had a Tom Brady shirt on,” Brian Wormstead said. “But my cousins, who flew up for the game from Jacksonville, were wearing Jaguars gear. Suddenly, two guys behind us start mouthing off, just being obnoxious. So I turned around and said, ‘C’mon, we just won the game. These are my cousins from Florida. Let’s just have a nice night, OK?’ ” Then he turned back.

Tanya Watson, 35, Brian’s cousin, describes what happened next. “They hit him from behind,” she said. “And when Jeff stepped in, they knocked him to the ground. My husband Chris was walking ahead of us; when he saw what was happening he came running. So Chris gets one of these guys in a headlock, trying to pull him away, and while they’re on the ground, someone else kicks him in the head. That’s how he got the black eye and swollen cheek. My husband never got hit by the ones who started it; he got hit by the ones passing by.”

What's worse, America? Booing a girl who had it coming, or beating the shit out of some guys for wearing a Jags jersey? You decide.

-Maynard

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the pats and their fan should be shot
for trying to make us look bad

Anonymous said...

we know who the better fans are now i guess