Saturday, January 5, 2008

REVIEW: 2007 by Maynard

2007. Wow, what a year. Right? Right. When I cared about Myspace, I wrote one of these for 2006. 2004 and 2005 were terrible years for me, and 2006 was one of the best. 2007 was distinctly average. Things started off pretty great for me, with the Colts going on their run that eventually lead to their Superbowl win. The Colts came to Indianapolis, the city I was born in, the same year I was born, so I feel like their "my" team. So them winning was pretty much like I won. I still feel like a winner by proxy.

Then The Departed won a bunch of Oscars, including Picture and Director. This isn't exactly a big deal, except that I proved to myself and others how awesome I am at predicting the Oscars, cause I knew it would win all that shit back in December 2004. So I won there.

So far, so awesome. Then from March to June it was just a blur. Nothing really special. June I got a job at a factory, which did not end well. In late July, I moved into these apartments, started being a life guard or whatever, ect. Lando was there the whole time, making my life hell. He never stops complaining. Wait, that was winter. September came and we started this blog. Then Bada joined in November or December, I can't remember. Patrick joined today. But that's 2008. So we'll talk about him next year.

Music, it was the year of the Stripped Down sound. Wilco, Kevin Drew, Radiohead, ect. all had new albums and they were all different from their last albums, just because they sounded so small. I think that was a trend this year. Small and intimate.

Movies on the other hand, were big and bold, with There Will Be Blood, Sweeney Todd and No Country for Old Men, ect. I think NCFOM is probably the best movie I've seen this year.

In just regular entertainment... a lot of women got really annoying really quickly. And that's all that happened, apparently.

I dunno how I feel about this year. I'm not sad to see it go, I guess. I've got big plans for this year. None will come to fruition. But whatever. Hope you all have a great 2008, but I hope my 2008 is better.

-M

No comments: