Sunday, January 6, 2008

Yo mama, Obama. Richardson FTW!!

Well well well. I never thought I'd see the day. Barack Obama, the only clean, bright half black man in the union (or so I hear)... completely dissmissing Painful Love and their support of his campaign. I guess he thought we'd be cool with it or something. Like, we can say we're backing him and that's that. Wrong my friend. When Painful Love backs a motherfucker, we expect him to back us too. I expected hits for this site to soar today. I thought Obama would be a dude and at least mention us, like we mentioned him. I don't think you can deny the fact that we have helped out him immensely. I just thought he'd do the same...

But whatever man. I watched those debates last night and I found a new man to back. And that man's name is Bill Richardson (D). I haven't heard much buzz for him since last night which was a little surprising. I don't think there was any doubt that he "won" the debate (if there can actually be a winner). He was the calmest, the most intelligent, laid out his plans clearly for the future, and was fucking funny. Seriously, people always talk about how boring debates are. To them I say- "You've never seen a Bill Richardson debate, muthafucka!!" Just check out these quotes.

"MR. GIBSON: I will let you off on specificity -- (laughter) -- of take-backs since we're running out of time.

Governor Richardson?

GOV. RICHARDSON: Well, I've made a lot of them. One that I particularly remember -- I think it was here in New Hampshire, the first debate -- I was asked who my favorite Supreme Court justice was, and I said, dead or alive? (Laughter.) I said -- I should have -- I should have stuck to the alive because I then said, "Whizzer" White, because I idolize John F. Kennedy and I figured if he appointed "Whizzer" White, this was a great Supreme Court justice. Well then I find out that "Whizzer" White was against Roe versus Wade, against civil rights -- (laughter). You know, so that's -- that wasn't a good one. (Laughter, applause.)"

"You know, what I've said is that if I'm elected president, I'm going to have a Cabinet of Republicans, Democrats and Independents. Now, I won't overdo the Republicans, but -- (laughter)

"Well, I've been in hostage negotiations that are a lot more civil than this. (Laughter, applause.)" - After Hilary Clinton got all pissed off.

On to Clinton and Edwards- I think they kind of fucked up, but Clinton did it moreso. I guess she's under the impression that people want her to act like a stereotypical man or something. She got angry easily, was on the verge of shouting a few times even. She lost Iowa so of course she'd want to come out swinging, but Obama and Edwards were clearly on the same side. They double teamed that bitch and sent her home to mama with a rolling DDT, so to speak. I think she really fucked herself up. The people of New Hampshire aren't going to vote for an angry lesbian looking dame. They're not that kind of people. Edwards, well, what happened to him? He seemed angry too. That's not who he is and I think everyone knows it. His charm is being the smiling, nice southern boy. I didn't see that last night. He acted kind of like a dick from time to time. Again, I think this is a mistake on his part and will hurt him in the long wrong.

Obama seemed flustered. He didn't seem presidential to me. He seemed fidgety. He stuttered and mumbled during difficult questions. Add that to the no mention of our site and you've got a real double negative. Here's was an exchange that made me giggle-

" SEN. OBAMA: I just want to add I agree with John, which is why I prohibited lobbyists from buying meals for members of Congress --

MR. EDWARDS: Good idea.

SEN. OBAMA: -- because -- and some of them complained. They said --

MR. EDWARDS: Maybe they'll get a little --

MR. SPRADLING: Well, with all due respect --

SEN. OBAMA: -- they said, where am I going to eat?

MR. SPRADLING: They can now buy food for members of Congress if the members of Congress are standing up. (Laughter.) That's my understanding what the rules have changed. You can't sit down and eat, but you can stand up and eat.

SEN. OBAMA: Yeah, well, the --

MR. SPRADLING: Tell me why that's changed. (Laughter.)

SEN. OBAMA: Here's -- here's -- here's -- here's what we did. They can't buy meals, they can't provide gifts; they can no longer lend corporate -- (off mike) --"

Richardson, on the other hand, seemed calm, collected and relaxed. He knows he doesn't stand a chance, so he decided to enjoy himself. He was cracking jokes all night, baby. The moderator didn't mention his numbers in the polls, and he mentioned it as kind of a joke on himself. He knows his numbers are low. He went out there with the mind frame of "Hey, I got nothing to lose anyways, might as well make the most of it." And he did. I'd like to see him gain more traction as thing thing goes on, but I think it's too late now. Maybe it's for the best. He doesn't look like he can handle stress, real stress, well. 2 years into this job and he'll be suffering his second heart attack. Maybe our backing him isn't a good thing, because his numbers are going to skyrocket now. Ah well, fuck it. If he dies, there's no blood on my hands.

Photobucket Vote Bill Richardson. (Sorry, I thought I had a pic of him, but this feline will do)

-M

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He didn't back you what a dick

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I know. Now Bill Richardson, he's the kind of guy that if we back him, he'll damn sure mention it. He knows how popular we are with the young people. Like you.